POET Server: Sanctum of Rall

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Paladins of Eternal Truth [POET] Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patrick Mageheart
Patrick Mageheart
[NICE] Member
Balladist

re: Thoughts on guild missions

What are you guys current thoughts on guild missions?

I decided to make a topic to share your thoughts on guild missions. Im looking forward to trying them out once the update hits. And the missions sound fun and exciting.

However, im also a bit dissapointed by what seem to probobly be the requirements to unlock them. Mainly, because up until now art of war has been a pvp oriented track and i think they should made it a bit more accessible. Based on the information given,unless something changes(which may happen due to the big uproar about it),we need art of war level 5 before we can unlock any of the types and guild bounties is the first type.

If nothing changes, im ok with the requirement as it stands. The good news is we already have art of war level 1 as i type this and are researching level 2 so we already getting a headstart. Also i saw NICE already has AOW5 so we could do guild missions with them as an ally event in the meantime and also enjoy the missions we randomly encounter being kicked off by other guilds.
Moon ƒϾ
[POET] Templar
Wordsmith

well part of it will be what the rewards are.... it is reported to be not-easy. More for the guild that has done that, been there, and got the t shirt too. Coordination will be required, i get the sneaking suspicion that you will have to do something at the same time, but on different maps (like pull leavers/ activate/commune) something that will take a few seconds to do so you have "same time" overlap and that one toon cannot wp to the next step. But only a few more days to find out tongue out

Wordsmith

todays update and redirect linky from guildwars2 webby

http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/basics/complete-guide-guild-missions

[NICE] Member
Balladist

Now that i understand better with guild missions im over my dissapointment.

Also earning influence is easily earned through doing dungeons,wvw,and dynamic events daily as well as logging in.
Pua Hone

I had the opportunity to join in with a guild that was doing the Tier 1 guild mission bounty. The guild mission leader had a commander icon so he created a squad for the non-guild members like myself. The bounty mission has 15 green NPCs located in the various zones. These green NPCs have a "star" over their heads to identify them as bounty NPCs. Someone in the group said that you do not have to find all 15 NPCs to do the bounty but the more you find the better your group's chances to complete the bounty.

After about an hour, the guild found all 15 NPCs so the leader started the mission and obtained clues to identify which NPC had to be killed for the bounty. The guild members got the reward---the new commendations, 50 silver, and rare items. The non-guild members just received experience, karma, and some copper like any other event.
Patrick Mageheart
Patrick Mageheart
[NICE] Member
Balladist

I know some of you guys are dissapointed in the way guild missions work...but it is doable for small guilds.

The issue making it hard for us to do guild missions is POET isnt as active as it used to be in guild wars 2 ATM.

Earning influence isnt that hard, we can easily earn the needed influence for guild bounties by doing dungeon runs,wvw and dynamic events with each other. As for doing the missions, if we have less then 10 people online....im sure we can easily get people from NICE to help us complete them. Not all the people doing them have to be in the guild.
Theron Aquila
[NICE] Member
Philosopher

Awarded:

So I did a Guild Mission with NICE earlier today and I got to say. The content is under whelming. Not only does it require a lot of influence but the Mission wasn't very fun or challenging it just required a co-ordinated group.

We were on TS and we had to finish 2 bounties on 2 different maps within 15 min of each other. The fights were kinda difficult but since we had several people fighting they both went down rather quick. Yeah I know it's the first mission but considering all the build up and how much influence it requires it just made me go "that's it?"

Moon ƒϾ
[POET] Templar
Wordsmith

I did not know about the guild mission in time (weird weekend but lots of afk /sporadic playtime) but this is what I posted on the alliance site:

don't think it is totally influence buying, its the level in the Art of War line - at least for opening/starting. We had nothing built up in the line so the build time, will take forever, and pretty much get the remaining influence in that time, with minimal purchase. I think it is more the people power. Sending out pre scouts to possible bounty areas, and having them able to chat (5 in a party doesn't work so well with no "alliance" chat) is difficult.

Its now the recruiting... if you don't have guild missions going on NOW!! they don't want to join. I'm not sure if people joining guilds just for guild mission rewards - and probably guild hopping - are exactly what any small guild needs. Especially if the small guilds cannot keep the goodies (cheaper wps for example) constantly active.

This is not to say I think we should give up... I am working on a recruitment letter to send to people not in a guild and see how it goes for recruitment.

Wordsmith

ah double post - this taken from ingamers

We did Tier 1 and Tier 2 this weekend.

Friday. First try. We didn't knew much about it, just some of us were just looking at some patrol routes. No pre-bounty scouting we managed to kill one boss then ran out of time while we were scouting for Lornar's Pass boss. Queue another mission, speed up, another try. This time we managed to find the first boss quite fast and the 2nd boss a few minutes later and killed it when we still had about 3 minutes left \o/ 15 Guild Merits. I think we were about 15 people? not sure.

Sunday. Another try. This time we decided to try Tier 2. We had 9 guild members online and we spread one of each map scouting for bosses before activating the bounty. I think we managed to cover about 5 or 6 bosses(we didn't wait for everyone to have an eye on their boss). When we activated the mission one of the 3 bosses was already found by one of us. So while one party was killing the first boss the other 4 went to look for the other two. We found them fairly quick and killed the 3rd boss in the last minute \o/ 35 Guild Merits. A few minutes later we activated yet another Tier 1 guild mission not for guild reward, but for guild member who still had to get their reward chest. I think we were around 15 players online and we decided to do it without pre-scouting. People got their chest, we had fun, everyone was happy :D

For Tier 1, I think 10 people is more than enough. For Tier 3, 15-20 players and pre scouting on most bosses is almost mandatory to make sure you don't fail the mission. Or at least pre-scouting on some of those hard to find bosses, like the one in Gendarran Fields I heard is hard to find.

linky: http://guildwars.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?508710-Guild-Missions-Art-of-War-tier-5-required-for-Bounties/page9

One of the big attractions of the guild missions for players seeking a Legendary is a new way to get a precursor.

Otherwise, I agree the content is meh. The reward for players not representing the guild doing the mission is not worth the time spent. You're better off doing the open world boss events but the guesting feature has made that a problem. Players are hopping servers to do events like the Maw. My friend on the Devona's Rest server does it by checking a website which shows when the boss events occur on the different servers.

I did the Maw the other day on our server and the lag and culling was really bad. Only the boss was visible---all the other players were invisible until the chest appeared and players started collecting their reward and leaving the area.
Moon ƒϾ
[POET] Templar
Wordsmith

yes the invisible players is very frustrating. I was doing the find the lost object in wayfarers on the weekend... and for the first time was around when the maw story started. Even though I was with the group I got very little as the portals were gone before they "spawned" for me. And not having seen it before I did not know where to "randomly" throw my AoE damage so I could "hit" something.

I think they need to look at the last big patch and change their culling issues. At least the dragons are huge (size and hp) so they last long enough to target and you can get some hits in. But when custom built systems with more than enough power to handle the required game needs.

This brings up guesting... the "few" are abusing it. Maybe they need to put some sort of cool down in it.
a) you can only go to x guest worlds a day.
b) you must stay on guested world for an hr minimum.
c) you must return to your home world, between guesting.
d) or you can only transfer every few hours (transfer sickness cool down).

Never having guested (the only friends that are not on this world are on EU servers....) Can you go to any NA world? Or do you have to "know" someone? Maybe make it so you have to "invite" your friend, like we had guesting in other guilds/alliances. Yes there will be some that will start "invite me to you world and I'll invite you" forums to get around this.

[POET] Templar
Balladist

Awarded:

Moon ƒϾ wrote:
yes the invisible players is very frustrating. I was doing the find the lost object in wayfarers on the weekend... and for the first time was around when the maw story started. Even though I was with the group I got very little as the portals were gone before they "spawned" for me. And not having seen it before I did not know where to "randomly" throw my AoE damage so I could "hit" something.

I think they need to look at the last big patch and change their culling issues. At least the dragons are huge (size and hp) so they last long enough to target and you can get some hits in. But when custom built systems with more than enough power to handle the required game needs.

This brings up guesting... the "few" are abusing it. Maybe they need to put some sort of cool down in it.
a) you can only go to x guest worlds a day.
b) you must stay on guested world for an hr minimum.
c) you must return to your home world, between guesting.
d) or you can only transfer every few hours (transfer sickness cool down).

Never having guested (the only friends that are not on this world are on EU servers....) Can you go to any NA world? Or do you have to "know" someone? Maybe make it so you have to "invite" your friend, like we had guesting in other guilds/alliances. Yes there will be some that will start "invite me to you world and I'll invite you" forums to get around this.

a) Right now, it's you can only guest to 2 different servers per 24 hours
b) I agree
c) This is already implemented, you have to go to the server selection screen every time you log out of a char
d) Hard to implement this because of c)

You can guest to any NA world without knowing anyone

Also, the secret to maw is to hit the portal once and get credit then start attacking the shaman before all zerg finishes up with the portals ;)
Patrick Mageheart
Patrick Mageheart
[NICE] Member
Balladist

Good news! the next content update will make guild missions more accessible to small guilds. There will be a new mission type called bounty hunt training which is easier to unlock then the otber types. You only have to hunt one target.

This type only requires art of war level 3 and there is no limits to how often these can be done. This type is aimed at smaller guilds and will make it easier to earn influence each bounty hunt training mish rewards 3000 influence.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Paladins of Eternal Truth [POET] Forum Index -> Guild Wars 2 Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: